This Crispy One-Pan Paleo Bacon Wrapped Chicken is an easy dinner that’s perfect for a weeknight! It’s Whole30 friendly, packed with flavor, super filling and comforting, and great with your favorite veggies and potatoes. Kids love it too!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, each one cut in half (I used 1.5 lbs)
- 10 slices nitrate free sugar free bacon* (one of each half chicken thigh)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh herbs as desired I used sage, thyme, and rosemary
- Mix the onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle over all the chicken. Heat a large cast iron skillet over med-hi heat and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each chicken thigh half, twice, to cover the chicken surface as much as possible.
- Add each chicken piece to the skillet, seam side up. Allow the first side to brown about 2 minutes.
- Turn over each chicken piece carefully so the bacon doesn’t move, so seam side is now down and browned side is up. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- If chicken is cooked and the bacon isn’t crispy enough for your preference, put the chicken under the broiler for a minute or until the bacon is cooked to preference (keep a close eye on it)
- Garnish with fresh herbs if desired while chicken is still in the pan, and serve with your favorite veggie and potatoes. Enjoy!